During the COVID-19 period of school closure, staff will be using Class Dojo to share general communication with you, SEESAW to provide daily activities on which they can respond and give feedback to your child and ZOOM to communicate with groups of children - all with your consent. Please see the attached 'ZOOM for Parents' Guide at the bottom of this page.
If you have any problems accessing any of these above platforms, please get in touch with your child's class teacher by email:
- Mrs Carlton: email@example.com
- Mrs Jagger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Johnson: email@example.com
- Mrs Tharme: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Griffin: email@example.com
- Mrs Hicks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miss Kime: email@example.com
- Mrs Jesson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Thomas: email@example.com
When using Zoom the following principles will be applied:
- There must be an agreed start and end time to any video conferencing – this will be communicated by way of an invite to parents (you have the option to decline). Staff members will:
- use a new meeting room each time (i.e. don't use the personal meeting ID)
- allow attendees to join before host
- mute attendees on joining
- turn screen sharing off
- set up a 'waiting room'
- lock the meeting room after the meeting has started
- not publicise the meeting's link on social media
- No person must take a screenshot of the meeting taking place except the class teacher (only if they have received written permission from all parents prior to the meeting).
- If full permission is given (i.e. all parents of all pupils involved), then ensure that a screenshot does not include the meeting ID.
- Staff and children must wear suitable clothing (fully clothed with no bedtime wear), as should anyone else in the household.
- A parent/carer of the child must be present (do not have to be seen unless in a 1-2-1 session between staff member and pupil).
- Any computers used should be in appropriate areas (i.e. a shared living space e.g. dining room/living room), not in bedrooms; and where possible be against a neutral background.
- Live sessions should be kept to a reasonable length of time (no more than 30 mins).
- Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
- All background distraction noises must be turned down or off.
- Staff members have the right to remove any child from the meeting at any time and will notify the Headteacher as soon as the meeting has ended. The parent will be contacted.
NOTE: Any 1-2-1 sessions must be agreed by the Headteacher and as a request by a staff member (not a parent or child). A resource to be used must have the facility to record the live 'chat' video.