Ofsted Report 21st and 22nd February 2023
Please take some time to reflect upon our most recent, successful OfSTED report. The school has continued to build upon our strengths to offer your children a fantastic education. This would not be possible without the continued dedication and hard work from all members of staff who have shown excellent teaching and leadership within their subject domains. The children demonstrated everything that is excellent about our school, and more, and we are always proud of everything they do.
Whilst celebrating our good news with you, we wanted to share the highlights here:
- Relationships between staff and pupils are strong.
- Pupils are happy and say that they are proud of their school. Pupils say that they feel safe and fully involved in their school.
- One pupil commented, ‘My school is special because it makes me feel like my voice is heard and has worth.’
- Staff have consistently high expectations of pupils’ behaviour.
- Pupils engage fully in lessons and demonstrate positive attitudes to their learning.
- In phonics sessions, pupils learn the knowledge and skills they need to become confident, fluent readers.
- Children get off to a strong start in the Reception Year.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are well supported.
- The school is well led and managed. Staff feel supported by leaders and say that they are united in their passion for the school to be the best it can be.
- Pupils have access to a wide range of experiences which enhance their learning.
- Pupils understand what diversity is and are keen to celebrate difference. One pupil said, ‘It would just be boring if everyone was the same.’
Many of you took the time out to complete Ofsted’s Parent View and spoke with the inspectors, showing a great deal of positivity and support for the school, and we would like to thank you for this on behalf of all the staff and governors. We are very proud of our school, and we know that you share in this view.
If you have any questions or comments to make about the report, please don't hesistate to contact us.
Our best wishes,
Mrs O'Brien and Mr Reed
If you would like to share your views of the school and celebrate all that is good about Ryhall CE Academy, then please go to Ofsted's Parent View (click on the logo). If something about the school is making you unhappy then please share it with the Headteacher or Governors. Thank you.